Thursday, January 9, 2014

Holmes Makes It Right Coming to HGTV US

Almost a year and a half after it first hit the airwaves on HGTV Canada, Holmes Makes It Right is FINALLY set to air on HGTV US starting January 18. The show has been accessible to some US viewers since August 2012 through HGTV's sister network DIY, however, for most US cable and satellite subscribers, DIY is a premium channel. There is one small caveat though. The show is airing on HGTV US at 7AM in the morning. 7AM??? The reason given for the early time slot is that HGTV is experimenting, trying to find the most appropriate place for the new show. "This is a testing time period. Nothing is finalized yet" was the standard response from the Holmes Makes It Right Facebook account to fans inquiring about the unusual time slot. In my opinion, the only two things that should be airing at 7AM in the morning is the news and infomercials for acne face wash. Mike's show, if aired during people hours, would undoubtedly explode in popularity as it has on the DIY network. I am confident, as I'm sure the Holmes Group is confident, that this 7AM gig is only temporary. The moment people get word that Holmes is back on HGTV, it won't be long until the show gets pushed to prime time where it rightfully belongs in my opinion.

From Mike's Facebook page:

You asked for it, and HGTV delivered!

Holmes Makes It Right will now be airing on HGTV in the USA. They're still testing time slots but you can catch a new episode on January 18 at 7:00 am EST.

Wake up bright and early and tune in to watch me make it right for a family.

9 comments:

  1. I'm so happy! I don't get DIY so this is great news!!! It says 7:00 am EST. Does that mean 4:00 am PST. for California? I can't find any TV schedule past the 17th. I thought you might know.
    Thank you
    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherrie, I believe that there is an HGTV east and an HGTV west, but I'm not completely sure. I'm on the west coast as well. What might happen is that the show will appear both at 7AM and 10AM Eastern time, which is 4AM and 7AM Pacific. Again, not sure. Guess we'll all find out soon, and set our DVR's and VCR's to record accordingly (Does anybody besides me still have a VCR???)

      Delete
    2. Yes, I've got 3.

      Jundee

      Delete
    3. I've still got one! I thought I was the only one who still did, good to know I'm not alone!

      Sherrie L.

      Delete
    4. I'm rocking the DVD/VCR combo. The thing was super expensive when I bought it, you can pick it up at a thrift store for $10 now.

      Delete
    5. My first TV back in 1953 when TV came to Canada, my first TV set was a 17" black & white box with 1 channel. It cost $ 170.00 at a tine when I was making 100 bucks per month.

      Jundee

      Delete
    6. In the late 80's when I was a mere preschooler, my grandmother would watch me while my mom worked. In 1986, my grandmother shelled out $500 for a first generation VHS recorder so that she could tape Sesame Street for me and play it on a non-stop loop because I would cry and scream when it was over. That woman loved me -- and she still does ;-). PS -- we still have that VHS player, and it still works! Last anecdote on dated technology from me.

      Delete
  2. Has Holmes Makes Ir Right been cancelled in the U.S.? I cannot find him on the DIY channel he used to be on. I love his show and watching it made me a better homeowner and made my contractor pay attention to detail. Sorry to see Damon leave but he reached his peaked working for Mike. I would like to have either one of them come to Louisiana to build my new home for my wife and I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just wondering if Holmes will be doing a make it right,the first time type of show series, possibly where as he would build a house right the first time. I would love to do that show. ctarver@bop.gov

    ReplyDelete