Friday, May 4, 2012

A Short and Vague Introduction

Just why, oh why, would anyone start a blog about Mike Holmes? Here is the method to my madness... 

I’ve been a huge Mike Holmes fan for quite a while now. I enjoy watching him on television. I fall asleep to Holmes on Homes just about every night (which makes for some very interesting dreams). I invite this man and his crew into my home every day via HGTV. In fact, I think it’s safe to say that Mike Holmes has become just another part of my daily routine. My mild interest in Mike has rounded a corner into a bit of an obsession – not a scary, dangerous obsession, but more like a hobby. Being that I live a few thousand miles south of Canada, I have a hard time finding others to share my hobby with, without massively annoying them with my incessant ramblings about some TV contractor guy they’ve never heard of. So, like many others, I’ve decided to take my interests to the internet. My goal is to make this place an interactive collage, an archive of sorts, of all things Mike Holmes, strictly from a fan's perspective. I might get a little silly sometimes, and perhaps a little fangirly with my gushing and swooning, but I'll try (try) to keep that at a minimum reasonable managable level. And maybe I'll catch a little notoriety along the way, eh? We’ll see…

No comments:

Post a Comment