Sunday, April 7, 2013

My New Backyard

Over the last month, my husband and I were busy making it right in our backyard. We've lived in the house for three years, and all that time it's been a big pile of rock and debris. We dug up and cleared out three truckloads of caliche rocks (some of which were the size of basketballs!). We put in sod and some cement pavers which after the second time of putting them in I'm very happy with (see last week's entry for more info!)

Long story short we couldn't have done this project without Mike and the principles he's taught us through his shows. Everything I did from stacking the bricks to laying the sod I wanted to do right. I made myself knowledgable through articles, and if I had a question, I phoned up a local expert at the plant nursery or hardware store. I took my time, used a level every step of the way, and in the end I got a great result that will last for years to come with proper upkeep.

My "before" backyard was so disgusting I didn't even bother taking pictures. Here's the beautiful after!

Happy Sunday everyone!



2 comments: