Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Mike Holmes: Kitchens and Bathrooms - A Fan's Perspective

Yesterday I went trolling my local bookstore for Mike's special edition magazine that was suppose to be out yesterday. Alas, I was unsuccessful at finding it. (I'm now attempting to bribe my Canadian buddies online to pick me up a copy and ship it down south.) I did not leave the bookstore empty handed, though. I did manage to snag a copy of Mike's latest book, Kitchens and Bathrooms. I'm still in the process of reading it, but I found this video on YouTube this morning. A fan of Mike (and his book) took the time to flip through it on camera, explaining all the reasons she likes it, which is totally something I would do, if someone hadn't beaten me to the punch!



8 comments:

  1. Okay good to know I was not the only one who had difficulty finding the new magazine yesterday. Thanks for finding this though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed the price in the book is listed as $ 21.95 while the announcement on the Holmes website lists it at 9.95.

    The book can be ordered from Amazon.com for around 17 bucks plus $ 3.95 shipping.

    It's also available from other sellers in various States as shown on the Amazon website with prices ranging from $ 13.59 to 17.01

    Jundee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I got the Kitchen & Bath book mixed up with the new magazine.

    The magazine can be found in Canada at Wal-Mart.

    Jundee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got mine at Wal-Mart but I also found it in Shoppers Drugmart....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried walmart here in the US and Target...no luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to Walmart tonight to see if I can find it, but so far, no luck for me either. And I live in a big city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am in Denver which is a decent size and like below, kingsoopers, and Target and Walmart I have not tried Safeway only because I gave up after the other three. The only thing I have not tried is a newsstand per say. I agree I wonder if the US launch is later.

      Delete
  7. I've tried Walmart, Safeway, King Soopers, 7/11, various bookstores, the Dollar Store and Walgreens to no avail. Maybe the release date in the US is different than the Canadian one and they just forgot to tell us? she wondered hopefully. I'll keep trying.

    ReplyDelete