Friday, June 14, 2013

The Holmes Spot Is On Leave...

I got a call from my Grandmother this morning, asking if I could accompany her the 1100 mile drive to be with her father, my Great Grandfather, as he leaves this world. He turned 100 years old this year and is dying of cancer. I don't know how long I'm going to be gone... anywhere from a few days to a week. I don't know if I'll have access to a computer or to wifi, and if I do, blogging from my iPhone is always a challenge.

So as for now, the Holmes Spot blog is on bereavement leave. I'm sure the most amazing things will happen while I'm gone (they always do!).  I'll see you all when I get back, and please keep me and my grandmother in your prayers as we travel up and back!





5 comments:

  1. Being with your family at a time like this is more important than the blog. For your Great Grandfather to have made to 100 is quite an accomplishment.

    I'm 81 and would be quite happy if I make it to 90.

    1100 miles is quite a trip so be careful out there. Especially with all the nasty weather problems in various parts of the US.

    I'll look at the Holmes Blog on my favorite list every day & I'll be thinking of you.

    Jundee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well for you and your grandmother during the drive. Like Jundee said, with all the crazy weather out there, please be careful. I hope you get there in time for both you and your grandmother to say your goodbyes and be there with him at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your Great-Grandfather. He must be someone special to live to see 100! Have a safe trip. I'll keep you in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Raquel,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this hard time. Keep it in your heart that love is everlasting. It truly does help.
    Take care.
    Jude

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate all of your kind words of support. They mean much more to me than I could possibly express.

    ReplyDelete